Student Complaint Process
Eagle Gate College takes student complaints very seriously and is committed to addressing concerns timely and appropriately. This policy has been developed to foster a community of respect, collegiality and professionalism on all Eagle Gate College campuses. Based on the principles of adult communication and accountability, the following is the process for students to make complaints, ask questions or raise concerns.
- Students with questions or concerns are encouraged to speak to the individuals directly involved.
- Students unable to discuss an issue with the individual involved are encouraged to follow the chain of command. If that is not possible or they are unsure of who this may be, students may contact the their Program Director, Academic Dean or Campus Director for guidance. If necessary, the issue can be escalated to the Chief Operations Officer or Chief Academic Officer.
- If students approach staff who are not able to assist them, they will be directed to the appropriate staff person (i.e., if it is an academic issue, students are directed to the appropriate academic leader; if it is an operational issue, students are directed to the Campus Director).
- Any individual who is contacted by a student with an issue or question must also forward that information to the appropriate individual as noted in No. 3 above.
- Students who disagree with academic decisions or actions resulting from a violation of policy and/or standard of academic integrity are directed to follow the “Academic Appeals and Grievances” procedures as outlined in the school’s catalog.
If a student does not feel that the College has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider contacting the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). All complaints considered by ABHES must be in written form, with permission from the complainant(s) for ABHES to forward a copy of the complaint to the College for a response. The complainant(s) will be kept informed as to the status of the complaint as well as the final resolution by the Council. Please direct inquiries to:
Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314 North
Falls Church, VA 22043
A copy of the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools’ Complaint Form is available at the College and may be obtained by contacting the Registrar‘s office.
Students who are Utah residents attending a campus located in Utah may also contact the Utah Division of Consumer Protection. All complaints considered by the Division must be submitted in writing via the U.S. mail or facsimile. All complaints are screened to determine whether it is a matter that can be handled by the Division. If so, the complaint will be assigned to an investigator who will determine what further action, if any, should be taken.
For more details on the Division complaint process and their complaint form, go to: www.consumerprotection.utah.gov/complaints/index.html.
Please direct all inquiries to:
Utah Division of Consumer Protection
160 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Students who are Idaho residents attending a campus located in Idaho may also contact the Idaho State Board of Education at:
Idaho State Board of Education
650 West State Street, 3rd Floor
Boise, Idaho 83702
(208) 334-2270; Fax (208) 334-2632
BSN Program students and graduates may file complaints with:
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001